Sunday, September 2, 2012

In the beginning we have your basic male cave bed room.
 No headboard, lovely putty colored 
          walls, no wall decor. 









So let's get started I choose to begin by picking out a bed board, and found a used brass bed on CraigsList




 Next I gave the base board heater two coats of almond colored paint , and then painted the ceiling, white of course.

Time to pick a new wall color something perhaps more female friendly.  The winner is a color called Sunfish, it is a shade of peach.


 Now it is time to say goodbye to my green curtains the ones I found at the curtain shop in Hadley will do just fine


Now for a little wall decor, I selected this painting for over the bed


And theses pillar candle scones for the walls. I hung four them.



My room already had brass outlet plates As seen on the left.  I thought that would go fine with the brass bed. And I would be wrong. 

Against the peach the high shine of the brass seemed a little too loud. So I replaced them with an antique brass finish as seen on the right.

 


Next I selected a runner rug for the entrance of the room.


Then I needed to pick matching night stand lamps. I wanted strong lamps one's who color would pop against the peach, and pick up colors from the painting




I also picked up two eight inch small matching vase's for night stands



 Add in one new bed spread. And I dare say we have new look to the room









              

Now what room could be complete without some dog hair!!

Lastly I just want to add that I purchased the new led flame-less pillars to see how they would look.
I thought this would be a long shot at saving the paint job from soot. I mean how real could they look right? And me having worked at a candle factory for seventeen years. Surprise is an understatement.

What they do is take real candle wax place a led light deep inside so it looks like a wick has tunneled into the wax as they do. Then they just make the light flicker. So you have flickering light inside candle wax. And they look pretty real to me.

Hey thanks for checking this out.
Patrick
   

4 comments:

  1. Holy Cow!!! My mouth dropped open when I saw the final photo! It's beautiful Patrick! The brass bed was a knock out and then the way you pulled all the colors together was perfect. The painting over the bed is gorgeous and you incorporated the red in the gown with the red lamp shades beautifully---and right on with the antique brass wall switches! And, of course you are right about the dog hair. It should especially be hound dog ;) Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie looks happy that you did all that for her. Where are you going to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I can't believe the change in your room. Great job, Patrick!

    ReplyDelete